Brunswick Exploration is committed to minimizing our impact on the environment through:
- Protection of the environment as an integral part of our activities
- Ensuring that stakeholders potentially affected by impacts are consulted and informed of our environmental objectives and performance
- Aiming for continuous improvement by implementing an environmental management program once the mine is approved
- To meet or exceed regulatory requirements minimizing new disturbance to the extent possible
- Monitoring our impact on the environment using baseline studies to assess changes
- Developing emergency action plans to mitigate the negative effects of unplanned events
- Raising environmental awareness by providing employees with the appropriate training and tools to prevent environmental risks and respond effectively to any incidents
- Ensuring efficient use of natural resources and consumer goods such as water and energy
- Minimizing our emissions to air, water, and soil, including the generation of waste, the production of greenhouse gases and looking for opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint
- Restoring the sites we disturb to ensure physical and chemical stability through progressive rehabilitation measures and regularly updating closure plans and ensuring financial assurances are in place
- Where feasible, restore disturbances created by historical activities at the site
Indigenous and Community Relations Policy
Brunswick Exploration considers nurturing positive, mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous and local communities to be an integral part of the application of our core values. Brunswick Exploration understands the importance of respectfully maintaining and continuously improving Indigenous and community engagement.
Brunswick Exploration commits to:
- Establishing ongoing dialogue and respectful relationships with Indigenous people and communities through sharing of information and recording, understanding, and working collaboratively on responding to concerns.
- Ensuring that employees and subcontractors interact with Indigenous and local communities, organizations, groups and individuals with respect and integrity through raising awareness and acceptance of cultural differences, and fostering diversity and inclusion in our workplaces.
- Contributing to the socio-economic development of communities through investments in community-based sustainable development projects.
- Aiming for continuous improvement by implementing community relationship management programs, annually reviewing our commitments and objectives, recording concerns and responses, and developing plans and targets to improve performance.